Go Green and Save Money
Climate change has been the usual topic in the news recently – but don’t worry it’s for a good reason. According to the UN, there are only 12 years left before the effects of climate change is still irreversible. So, what can you do to help make the planet greener? Here are five unique ways on how you can start carbon-saving without hurting your pocket.
This list of green eco-friendly ideas is brought to you by Perfect Payday. We are a no credit check loan company that can help you get a payday loan if you are employed.
1. Limit your meat consumption
The first and most common step to becoming a green warrior of the planet is to lessen your meat consumption. Though removing any traces of meat from your meal plan will have a big overall impact, eliminating cold turkey might be a huge goal for you. In some places, meat is an essential ingredient in most of their meals. For some people, the absence of this juicy protein might leave them unsatisfied. Fortunately, there are wide-ranging protein alternatives that you can find in the market. They work as an incredible substitute for meat and they will give you the same feeling of satiation after every meal. You can start by decreasing the amount of meat you buy, which can also help you save a generous amount of money on your grocery bills. To kick off your journey towards limited meat consumptions, here are several strategies you can try:
- Substitute chicken – chicken contributes the least amount of carbon footprint compared to meats. So, buying them instead of red meat is a good start.
- Go meatless once a week – dedicating one meatless day each week is an effective and easy way to reduce your meat consumption.
- Be flexitarian – if you truly want to make some changes, choose a flexitarian diet. This has been proven by scientists to have little to no impact on Earth.
2. Rebuild the mainstays in your kitchen
Your kitchen is the center of all the waste that circulates around your home. From food packaging to cleaning products, it’s hard not to fill up your trash bin especially if you are always using your kitchen. Though disposable wraps and plastic packaging are impossible to avoid, there are plenty of simple things you can practice to reduce your waste. This is all thanks to the introduction of sustainable products in the market. Now, you can choose among many creative ideas on how to dispose and store your food – minus the costly expenses. Take a look at these tips:
- Use reusable produce bag when grocery shopping – avoid utilizing plastic produce bags when you are going to the supermarket. Buy some reusable ones instead and bring it with you whenever you are grocery shopping. There are many sustainable brands that sell them in different styles and sizes.
- Limit your paper towel usage – these paper towels are somehow non-eco-friendly. So, skip them if you can and opt for reusable cloth napkins instead.
- Avoid purchasing single-use wraps – even if foil and cling wrap are extremely convenient when storing food, they suck at breaking down and takes forever to decompose. Buy beeswax wrap and other reusable coverings instead.
Do you need a cash loan? Our convenient loan application only takes minutes to complete. Get a quick emergency loan from us today if you have a financial crisis that needs immediate attention.
3. Prepare to Eat on the Go
People love dining outside, whether it’s in fast-food chains, restaurants, clubs, or pubs. However, the waste produced by these food outlets are not something that you will love. Be it plastic takeaway containers, food wrappers, straws, bags, bottles, plastic cutlery, napkins, and others – these wastes all add up. Good thing you can now practice greener habits when eating outside. There’s glass water bottles, metal straws, and bamboo cutlery for you to use. Here are other items you can bring to reduce your waster when eating in your favorite restaurants:
- Reusable container – works great for takeaway orders or any food you had left that you wish to bring home.
- Reusable cup – for coffee or milk tea lovers out there, investing in a reusable cup with save you tons of plastic cup wastes in the future.
- Cutlery – to avoid plastic, get yourself your very own metal fork, spoon, knife, and straw. You can even purchase them in sets at an affordable price.
- Water bottle – bottled water is pricey and it produces a lot of waste. So, make sure you bring your own wherever you go.
4. Invest in second-hand clothes
Fast-fashion and synthetic clothing had taken their toll on consumers for how many years now. Clothing items are also one of the biggest waste materials that stock up landfills worldwide. With this, it’s time to revamp your wardrobe and consider the clothes you buy. There are many ways on how you can reduce your carbon footprint, save money, and still be fashionable. It all revolves around selling, donating, and purchasing pre-loved clothes. Here are the best places to find good-quality second-hand clothing items.
- Carousell – this app is a great platform for buying and selling clothes. It also has an incredible location filters.
- Etsy – this app is the powerhouse of vintage and handmade products from local and international manufacturers.
- SWOP – whether you wanted to buy vintage items or sell your own pre-loved clothes, this one got your covered.
5. Rethink your laundry habits
Laundry is an essential aspect of modern life. The introduction of washing machines brought comfort to many homeowners, as well as business establishments. However, no matter how useful these machines may seem, they are one of the largest consumers of energy and water in homes. Though there are a lot of environment-friendly and energy-conscious models and brands introduced in the market latterly, not everyone has the luxury to upgrade their washing machines. If you are one of those people, you can opt for these two easy yet effective methods on how to decrease your impact on the environment while saving money on water.
Dry smartly – take out your washed clothes outside and dry them under the heat of the sun. During the rainy season, hang your clothes in a bright, airy place inside your home.
Wash using cold water – heating water takes up a lot of energy. The smart way? Wash with cold water and watch your bills go down.
Perfect Payday is a new loan lender in Australia. Are you on Centrelink payments and need a loan? If so, apply for a Centrelink loan here with us today. We consider Centrelink payments as income that can qualify you to get a payday loan.