Effective Tips on How to Manage Christmas Expenses
Christmas is just around the corner and if you are like most people, you probably haven’t begun thinking about Christmas gifts yet – or saving funds to buy them. As Christmas trees are raised, lights illuminate, and carols fill your ears, there’s no denying that you have Christmas expenses to manage. During this festive season, these effective money-saving tips will help you get the most of your money’s worth.
These tips for saving money at Christmas time are brought to you by Perfect Payday. We are a loan company in Australia and can help you get a payday loan. Apply today for a loan and get a quick decision. If your request is accepted, we will send the cash immediately to your bank account.
Where to shop this Christmas to get the most bang for your buck?
If you want to save money this holiday, take advantage of Christmas sales offered at department stores and outlets. Don’t know where to shop? Here are several stores that drop their prices even lower during the Christmas season.
- Kmart – known for its cost-effective products, this department store will even lower their prices, making them an incredible place to shop all the things in your Christmas shopping list.
- David Jones – more appropriate for older members of the family, David Jones have Boxing Day sales every year. Plus, their products will have an even affordable price once Christmas season approaches.
- Target – just like Kmart, Target is another department store that sells almost anything that you can imagine. Take advantage of their 50% off clearance sale this Christmas season and save a lot of money on your shopping.
- Myer – together with David Jones, Myer also holds huge Boxing Day sales that start on Christmas Day. The sale will be happening on their website and if you haven’t finished your Christmas shopping yet, you can simply visit their site and shop in the comfort of your home. No need to go out and stress over traffic and crowded shopping areas.
These are some of the stores that hold the biggest Christmas sales this holiday season. Visit them to save a generous amount on your shopping expenses.
Tips on how to save money this Christmas
If your problem starts and ends with your limited bank account balance and sales aren’t enough to get you through, here are some tips on how to save money this Christmas.
- Do a pre-Christmas cleanup – go through your old stuff from last year and salvage anything that is still in good condition. This doesn’t mean that you have to sell every gift that you received last year that you aren’t fond of. Simply do a general clean-up of all the items that you no longer use or need. You can put them up for sale online or do a garage sale to earn some cash.
- Create a list and double-check it – curate a list that contains every item that you don’t have to buy. It could be anything unnecessary. Make another list of all the people that you need to buy a gift and the allocated budget for each. Once that’s done, move to list down the needed entertainment supplies such as Christmas crackers, drinks, groceries, and the like. If you are traveling with the whole family this Christmas, make a list of all your expenses as well. This will include airport parking, petrol (if you are driving), and travel insurance.
- Use DIY wrapping paper and Christmas cards – wrapping paper and cards are usually get thrown out of the trash on Christmas morning. Don’t shed some cash on things that will just end up in the dumpster, instead make your own Christmas cards or hand-written letters, and get several plain papers and customize your gift wrappers by drawing on them. After all, it’s the thought that counts.
- Share tasks on Christmas day – reduce your work on Christmas Day by sharing it with everyone. This includes assigning dishes and snacks to various people, purchasing only the essential things that you need, shopping at supermarkets that offer the lowest Christmas price, and using loyalty cards.
Simple and Easy Christmas gift hacks
Here are some ways to let your loved ones know that you care for them without stripping off your wallet:
- Hand-made vouchers – gift them with handcrafted, redeemable vouchers for services such as dinners, picnics, bed-making, or massages.
- Pre-loved gifts – visit second-hand or vintage stores to look for the best Christmas gift for your family and relatives.
- Be prepared – start Christmas shopping earlier if you don’t want to panic when the actual holiday season arrives. Take advantage of the biggest sales that you will encounter so when December hits, you’ll be completely prepared.
Use these tips to cut down a lot of money on your Christmas expenses. Though it is the most festive season of the year, it’s also the most burdensome if you are short in cash.
Do you need a quick loan and are unsure where you can get one? Here at Perfect Payday, we help people get Centrelink loans. If you are receiving income from Centrelink and need a loan, contact us today.